Dads Weekend is a fall Illinois tradition.
Dads Weekend 2023
November 10-12, 2023
Illinois Dads and father figures are welcomed to campus with a variety of programming for Illinois families. Major events for Dads Weekend include Illini sporting events-including football, hockey, and volleyball; eating yummy BBQ, listening to Illini talent perform in concert, participating in a campus 5K, eating more delicious food through the Dads Association Brunch, and much more. Mark your calendar today!
- 2024: November 1-3, 2024
- 2025: TBD
- 2026: TBD
Dads Weekend Information
Dads Weekend is on the horizon! While there is not a "general registration" for the weekend, below are complete details on select Dads Association events, as well as links to additional information. Families may attend the events of their choice and make their weekend the best it can be. Some events require advance ticket purchase, so please read through carefully.
- Purchase Tickets
Dads Association sponsored Dads Weekend 2023 tickets are available here.
If you have tickets you are looking to sell/buy, visit the Dads Association Ticket Exchange Facebook page.
- Important Notes
- The Dads Association does not process refunds. All sales are final. If you are looking to sell your ticket you can do so by selling them via the University of Illinois Parents & Family Facebook Group or via the Dads Association Facebook Ticket Exchange.
- Ticket Pickup Information: All tickets are digital and will be delivered via email.
- Dads Pre-Game BBQ and football game tickets need to be purchased for every guest, including U of I students. Student or other regular season ticket holders may not use their regular season ticket to sit in the special Dads Weekend section.
- All profits and proceeds from ticket sales support Dads Association projects, including scholarships and grants for U of I students. Thanks for your support!
- To insure that your game day experience is an enjoyable one, athletics has created informational guides designed to provide you with Illinois game day information to view the game day guides.
- For Saturday’s game day parking information, visit the Parking Department. Parking is severely restricted and roads around the ARC are closed on game days. For parking on Friday or Sunday around the Illini Union, parking is free in most university lots (please make sure to read parking signs, as some lots/spaces are enforced 24 hours/7 days a week.) Visit the Parking Department website to see parking maps near the Illini Union.
The Dads Association has allocated a portion of its funds generated through Dads Association activities to help fund and aid worthy projects that promote the safety, guidance, care and well being of our students attending the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. Grants in the amount of $500-$2,000 will be awarded based on need as determined by the Dads Association. If you are a registered student organization (RSO), or a not-for-profit association that has a project or program requiring financial support and you would like the Dads Association to assist in funding you can apply here.
Note: All grant proposals should be submitted by November 21, 2023. Judging will take place in November 2023. Awards will be granted in January 2024 for the 2023-2024 school year. Winners will be requested to report on their results from the project by August 31, 2024. Questions may be directed to the New Student and Family Experiences, 616 E. Green Street, Suite 213, Champaign, IL 61820, 217-333-7063, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois will award six scholarships in the amount of $2,000 for Spring 2024. To be eligible you must be an undergraduate full-time student enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, have an application for financial assistance on file with the Office of Financial Aid, and submit a scholarship application.
Applications are due Friday, November 21, 2023. Questions may be directed to the New Student and Family Experiences Office, 616 E. Green Street, Suite 213, Champaign, IL 61820, 217-333-7063, or e-mail email@example.com.